Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Hummingbird Moth
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:51:22 -0500

Hi Ted,

I prefer butterflies, but they don't show up every day.  So, I shoot
what shows up.  I'm experimenting with this lens, which has autofocus
and optical image stabilization, but is only 55mm  and f/4 at the long
end.  I lock it at f/4 to get the background separation, and move in as
close as the insects will allow.  I also crop for a final image.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Another Hummingbird Moth)