Subject: [Leica] noct .95 ?
From: stevebarbour at mac.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:02:34 -0700

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 3:26 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> Steve... For what purpose are you looking for a 0 .95 or 1.0 Nocti?
> I assume you will use it at F-Widest.....?

Hi Frank,

 thanks for writing and for your interest.    I just wrote to Luis and in it
I think I have answered some of your questions.

> The 2 that come to my mind.....
> Separate the background?
> Lens Signature ( soft lens, for portraits)?

Yes and yes.

>  For landscapes?
>
> I remember that you had a 50mm F1.4 ASPH... are you looking for something
> "different" than the clean technical look of this lens?

Yes, I am looking for exactly this, I also have an f1 ?new version" Noctilux
which I love, and use a lot.

> Note: Any of these fast lenses is a joy to use on the Sony A7.... focusing
> is a pleasure.....  much higher hit rate?.

I totally agree Frank, a real joy, both with the A7,  also with my new Sony
A9.

> Note: I bought the 7Artisans 50mm F1.1.... for $369, I figured I could try
> it out....   But have not yet had the opportunity?

I would love to hear about your experience here.

If,  I get the 0.95 I may have to part with my f1 Noctilux, to pay for the
new one. We will see.

I just used the f1 Noctilux on the Sony A9 this morning, and I loved it. It
got me thinking.

Steve