Subject: [Leica] Help with understanding the new SSD in my computer.....
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 08:19:36 -0700

The top line is that the new SSD  is no faster than my HDD, as tested by
LRCC.

OK. I finally put an SSD in my computer.  It is mounted in my M.2 slot.  (
FYI, a Samsung EVO960 500TB)

Nothing was moved to the SSD, like OS, programs, etc.  Just blank.

I exported a bunch of images from LRCC on my HDD to the newly installed SSD.

Ran LRCC with the newly exported Catalog, and to my amazement, it is not any
(?  Appreciably? NADA? Maybe a tiny bit?) faster.  Images do not pop to the
screen.. As I had hoped.

Can anyone help me understand?  What good is an SSD if it does not speed up
disk access?

( Booting up, I understand would be faster.. But that happens only once,
whereas image access is a few to many an hour. MUCH more important to speed
up)

Note:   Windoze 10 Home, Dell XPS8910 computer with 32GB RAM, Seagate 7200
RPM drives.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr) ([Leica] Help with understanding the new SSD in my computer.....)