Subject: [Leica] Eyes
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 18:52:40 -0700

Tina:  I hope all goes smoothly with the cataract surgery.  It usually
does.  I remember how clear and less yellow my vision looked after the
surgery, compared with before.

For Plantar Fasciitis, I use "heel cups" in my shoes that don't have an
appreciable raised heel.  The best ones (IMO) are made by Spenco, and
can be found in sports that sell sports shoes. Another trick that helped
me, especially when out walking:  When you start to feel pain, try
walking on tiptoes for a few steps--it sometimes makes the pain go away
for a while.  Repeat as needed.

As my late father-in-law would say, in his thick Russian accent: "They
call it the 'aging process.' Suuuuuure."

--Peter

> Thanks, Bob.  I'll look up the Strasburg sock.  I've never heard of that.
> I slept with a boot on last night that is supposed to hold your foot
in the
> right position to stretch the plantar fascia and it helped
tremendously.  I
> can actually put weight on my foot this morning without screaming!
>
> Tina
>
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Bob Adler <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Tina,
> >
> > I'm sure all will go well with your cataract procedure. Always scary
> > though, no matter what.  My guess is you'll like the results better
than
> > your new knees and with a bit easier recovery!
> >
> > As for the Plantar Fasciitis you may want to try a Strasburg Sock or
> > socks. Worked really well for me.
... etc.

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Eyes)