Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hallstatt
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 14:41:23 -0700

While in Salzburg, we took a tour to Hallstatt.  It's a beautifuls
little town on a lake surrounded by the Austrian Alps, population 946.
Plus several gazillion tourists per day, mostly Chinese. There's a salt
mine just above the town which has been in use since the Iron Age.  We
were lucky, our guide was very experienced and very nice.  There weren't
enough people to fill a big bus, so we went in a van.  This meant we
could enter some of the small towns along the way, and take a scenic
loop rather than use the same road there and back.

First, a quick snap from a concert in the Marble Hall of the Mirabel
Palace in Salzburg.  The palace was the summer home of the
Prince-Archbishop back in the day.  Julie Andrews and the Von Trapp kids
cavorted thought the gardens in "The Sound of Music" movie. Mozart and
his sister performed with their father in this very room when they were
kids.  It's gorgeous, but a bit of an echo chamber.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35823669480/in/dateposted-public/>

Now, here's the first part of the trip to Hallstat.  We had a couple of
scenic stops along the way, where our guide, Max snapped us with my camera:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36216688635/in/dateposted-public/>

A couple of more "we were there" shots by Max in Hallstatt itself:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35823669670/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36175233736/in/dateposted-public/>

A little chateau on the lake:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36216688565/in/dateposted-public/>

Swimming, with quite a background:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35823669610/in/dateposted-public/>

Tourist with roses:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35823669550/in/dateposted-public/>

Real and artificial:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35411489423/in/dateposted-public/>

Swans, in palindromic and parallel formations:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36216688365/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35411489283/in/dateposted-public/>

For more on Hallstatt, see here, or do a search on its name:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallstatt>

More to come.  We loved this place. Enjoy!
--Peter