Subject: [Leica] IMG: "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:03:06 -0700

No, I'm not kidding.  And it was great!

The National Marionette Theatre of the Czech Republic regularly performs
Mozart's "Don Giovanni," conducted by a puppet of Mozart himself.  I had
not planned on photographing it, and there was a pictorial sign that
could have been interpreted as either "no cameras with flash," or "no
cameras, period."  I noticed several people taking photos with their
cellphones, despite another sign that seemed to say "no cellphones." But
the ushers didn't stop them. So I figured, if they can, I can. So I
discretely took pictures during the second act.  All I had was my 40mm
equivalent lens, so I had to crop drastically, and someone's head
obstructed a bit of my view on the right. I pressed the shutter button
anyway.   Here's a few of the best shots.

The wronged ladies. Donna Elvira,  Don Ottavio, Donna Anna, and Zerlina,
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35526029464/in/dateposted-public/>

Donna Elvira implores Don Giovanni to mend his lecherous ways.
...Leporello has clearly heard it all before.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36224992101/in/dateposted-public/>

The Commendatore drags Don Giovanni to Hell
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35526029494/in/dateposted-public/>

"I will find a better master," sings Leporello (on riser) with the rest
of the cast.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35526029384/in/dateposted-public/>

Mozart wants to finish the Epilogue, but the custodian wants to wrap
things up.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36317266296/in/dateposted-public/>

Enjoy!