Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: Pretty young woman, with a twist...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 18:32:23 +0200

By coincidence, I read a story today about the large number of Ukrainians
working in Poland, some legally, some not. The Polish economy is booming and
there are serious labor shortages in many areas, not least due to the fact
that up to 2 million Poles (out of a population of 40 million) have
emigrated westwards since Poland joined the EU in 2004. So the gap is filled
with Ukrainian workers, in the hospitality industry like what you saw, but
more prevalently in construction, agriculture and so on. Poland (especially
rural Poland) is pretty anti-immigrant, but the Ukrainians, being fellow
Slavs who are able to fit in with relative ease, are generally welcomed.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain