Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 CCD problem
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:52:29 -0700

My M9 had the sensor cover glass fall off.  They put on a new glue ring and
new glass.  No sensor replacement....

I have said this before..... In the case of corroded sensor cover
plate......They are NOT replacing the sensor... all that needs to be done is
to replace the faulty glass cover plate..... so that is all they are
doing.....

Regardless of what someone thinks they are doing.....or did......

A better question is.......  Are they swapping out YOUR sensor PCB for a
repaired replacement?
 I do not know.  Given that they took 11 weeks on my M9, and God knows how
long on the Monochrom, they certainly have the time to not do the swap....

Frank Filippone  M9, Monochrom CCD, both repaired.....

Red735i at verizon.net

Hi All,

Yet another post on the M9 CCD problem.

 I sent in my M9 for repair just before the deadline and got an email
stating that  the sensor glass would be replaced only. Is this the standard
remedy for this problem? Based on reports on the web I was under the
impression that the entire sensor would be replaced not just the glass
cover- I assume this is why Leica ask for ca. 1000 euros after the August
15th  deadline.

I would very much appreciated hearing from luggers who have had the CCD on
their M9s repaired. Please post the scope of your repair: glass only entire
CCD or...?
Akhil

Replies: Reply from alal at nyu.edu (Akhil Lal) ([Leica] Leica M9 CCD problem)