Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 CCD problem
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 16:24:57 -0700

To find out which Cover glass plate is in there..... ( Old with potential
corrosion issues or new, replaced and redesigned cover glass plate)

WOW!!! Secret passwords and all.....
-
This applies to firmware: 1.210  ( my M9 has FW 1.204)
Do this with a freshly charged battery.
For the M9 there is a service menu which can be brought up as follows.
Sequence.. make sure you have an image in the SD card.
Power on
Delete -> up (2x) -> down (4x) -> left (3x) -> right (3x) -> Info

This shows the service menu.

Scroll down and up using the arrow buttons.
Press Set to select an item
Gently press the shutter release to leave item.
Press Info again for the menu

Under Hardware IDS, I get this on one M9
CCD ID: 8
CCD Board: 2
Control BRD: 2
M16CID: 0

For another M9 (same firmware) I see
CCD ID: 5
CCD Board: 2
Control BRD: 2
M16CID: 0

My replaced COVER GLASS PLATE has Sensor ID = 15......

See this for more info....
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/272556-determining-new-sensor-m9/

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net