Subject: [Leica] Interesting article on digitizing film
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 21:56:35 +0530

If I remember right the new film copier for the Nikon D850 is meant to be
used with the latest iteration of the Nikon 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens - which is
not too expensive at any rate - it retails under US$600.

Nikon is offering a series of bundles here in India for the D850, all very
competitively priced. Basically, it is either the body alone, or the kit
(with the 24-120mm f4) paired with any one of the latest versions of
24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 or 200-500mm f5.6, six bundles in all. All
bundles have the excellent 85mm f1.8 thrown in as a sweetener. I have
ordered the Nikon D850 kit with the 200-500mm (and the 85mm) today, for
delivery on Monday. The prices in India, if all the items (D850
kit+200-500+85) purchased individually would come to the equivalent
US$7000. Nikon have priced the bundle at US$5500, and Nikon have agreed to
give it to me at a 10% discount, for US$5000. I can sell the 24-120 and 85
at close to the equivalent of US$ 1900 here, which means that I am left
with the Nikon D850 and the one lens I wanted, the 200-500mm, for less than
the cost of the body alone from B&H. Well worth having a look if anyone is
interested in the Nikon D850, and similar bundles are being offered in your
home market!

Cheers
Jayanand