Subject: [Leica] PESO 10 01 17
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 20:33:44 -0400

Loved the story!

Yes, it was a festival in the heart of South Philadelphia's Little Italy,
for St. Nicholas of Tolentine (both the church and the namesake school).
Much revelry, music, and of course food.

I heard more than a few old-timers complain about the paucity of marchers
in the parade.  Most of the former participants seem to have graduated to
reviewing the parade from the sidewalks, recording the event via
smartphone.  I suppose it could be called emblematic of our age--and in
lieu of dollar bills the statues probably acquired scores of "likes".

Jim