Subject: [Leica] Movie
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:53:25 +0100

Thanks Alan. I was creeped out a bit by it. There were ten of them on
the course and all had to submit a script. His was the one picked, but
the down side was that he wasn't allowed to direct it as a result.
However, he was also assistant cameraman and had lots of input. The
resulting short you saw was put into a film festival and was well
received. However, once he finishes the CS post grad, he wants to make
another short based on another script he's written, but this time he
wants to direct it as well. Mind you, I hope he does a real job as one
of the unit directors on - I think it was "Michael Collins" - now cuts
my hedge....

Douglas