Subject: [Leica] Moving Stills
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 15:47:31 -0700

Hi Tina,
All this electronic nonsense is ridiculous! Sure the "new Breed of shooters"
and probably some of the older ones will see good in all this manipulation
garbage as "a good thing." But I see it as nothing more than a form of
"cheating!" A system for a cheap-ass pseudo  "photographer????????????" to
kind of making he or she looking not bad at all?"
It indicates he or she is a sloppy shooter. Sure a slight bit of re-touching
on a portrait much along the minor touch here and there as in the olden days
portrait world. Is OK. But manipulating photos to the extent shown here
should be illegal! Well maybe not quite? However, as shown on the screen the
face can be changed to such an extent you can hardly recognize the person?
Great for the bad guys of the world these days as they slip about the planet
killing and bombing people! So OK I'll stop rambling!
However the manipulation techniques coming upon us are of no use to true
photojournalists'. Certainly those who shoot what catches their eye- lens
tripping finger that's given them great careers of several 100,000,s or more
untouched negatives and transparencies in a National Archives in many
countries. That otherwise with to-days manipulative systems would not be in
collections as truthful photos of a countries development over the years.
As in my case already in the National Archives of CANADA are 280,000 IMAGES
ALONG WITH ANOTHER 100,000 in the  National Art Gallery of CANADA. It's
considered the largest photo collection by a single photographer in the
history to date in Canada.
Me? Well I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy a piece of junk in the
electric world of today!  :-) GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE!
cheers,
Dr.ted grant O. C.