Subject: [Leica] IMG: Red Maple
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 01:30:19 -0700

Thanks for posting, Jim.? The red maple is beautiful. As a transplanted
New Englander, I always smile when I see red trees in the fall.? Around
here, the native trees turn mostly yellow. There is a low-growing "vine
maple" that is red, but you don't see much of that in the city and
suburbs.? I'm very thankful that whoever planned my neighborhood planted
a bunch of non-native maple trees that turn fairly red. There's a bit of
orange in them, but close enough for out here.? And we have exquisite
Japanese maples, some yellow, some red.

I snapped a few red ones myself, but I was preoccupied with some B&W
work all week.? I'll post them soon.

And would you believe, it snowed much of Thursday night and Friday
through about 2:00PM here in Seattle. It was above freezing at ground
level, but cold enough above to snow quite a bit.? It didn't stick after
sunrise, but it sure told us that summer was definitely over, in case we
had any doubt. It is presently 33 degrees F.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Red Maple)