Subject: [Leica] URL:Eggleston
From: paswango at gmail.com (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 22:19:54 -0500

>Douglas
>BTW Phil Swango hasn't posted here for a while, but there's a link here
>that shows him with William Eggleston at the piano.
>http://www.pbase.com/kididdoc/image/135198896/original
>Phil, if you're reading this, who took that image?

Thanks for digging that up, Douglas.  The photo was from 1968, taken by a
mutual friend, Doug Cupples, who still lives in Memphis.  Bill is playing
his (then) new 9-ft. Baldwin piano, possibly the Aria from Bach's Partita
#4 in D-major.  Bill was the most interesting and influential friend I ever
had, but we're no longer in touch, except indirectly through friends.  The
last time I saw him was at the 1976 MoMA show mentioned in the Guardian
link posted by John. (Thanks, John)

> https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/nov/19/
william-eggleston-interview-i-play-the-piano-musik-photography

--
Phil Swango
11709 Summerchase Cir D