Subject: [Leica] Northern Lights Trip
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 22:29:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

No back up body - M or whatever? ;-(

Montie

>>PESO:

One of the items on our bucket list is to see and photograph the Northern
Lights.  We have planned a 25 day trip through Norway and Sweden beginning
January 24 until February 17.  It is going to be cold and dark.  We will
stay in a cabin on an island some of the time, but there are a lot of
transfers from boat to bus to train all along the way.

In a nutshell, we need to travel with as little luggage as possible.  Right
now, I plan to just carry my SL with the two SL lenses that I have 24-90
and 50/1.4.  I have the M to L converter and a couple of M lenses and the R
to L converter and couple of R lenses.  Battery charger, batteries, power
pack, memory cards, tiny netbook, downloader, external hard drives, cables,
converters, power plugs.  That should all fit in my Lowepro backpack and an
M Classic satchel.

Clothes will be long underwear, jeans, turtlenecks, down coats, boots,
gloves, hats, thermal socks - all fitting in one roll-on bag. Small
travel-sized tubes of toothpaste, soaps, etc.

I've made my list and checked it more than twice.  Am I forgetting
anything?  Have you photographed the Northern Lights?  Any recommendations?

TIA

Tina