Subject: [Leica] IMG: Uncommon Beginnings...
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 03:05:04 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Ted, I've been doing this off and on for well over a decade now
and I feel I've only scratched the surface, lots of trial and error...
start with a low res tiff or jpeg because you'll be stepping on the image
many times and you need the speed...when you get something you like, load
a copy of the orig raw and refer to the history so you can repeat the
process when preparing the image for printing...ie, I'm currently having
the lab here print several of these for me on 12x18 aluminum.

Start off with the distortion filters in photo shop and just go crazy for
a week or two, you'll begin to get a handle on what each one does alone
and in tandem and like that. If I tell you any more I'd have to put a
"contract" out on ya!  ;-))

Happy that you like and appreciate the work!!

Montie

>>Hi Montie,
Most amazing? Certainly when one has absolutely no concept how you made such
smooth? I'll call them "transition??" Photo images!
I find them extremely unique and moving.
Given my lifetime of photography as a photojournalist I have never in all my
years tried this "wild" and fascinating photo technique? Quite interesting
and magical to say the least. Without question they certainly appear to have
been by a fine photographic craftsman.
So good Sir. If you have some free time may I ask you send along how such
unique images are created? That is of course, it isn't your personal
technique only known to yourself?
I'm so affected by your results I wouldn't mind having a shot at trying my
hands at attempting a few?????????????????? :-)
That is providing I don't have to re-build my old darkroom??????  :-) And
you are the sole owner of the technique requiring a great deal of paper work
for permission??
Thank you most kindly!
cheers,
Dr. ted grant  O. C.