I have the SL 50/1.4 which is a fantastic prime lens.  I've never been
interested in zooms but the 24-90 really exceeded my expectations so I took
a chance on the 90-280.
I still love my M's, especially the M240 and MM, but I really like the
auto-focus on the SL.  I have adapters and can use all of my R and all of
my M lenses on the SL.  That's one great thing about Leica - nothing is
obsolete.  I'm still using all of my lenses made many years ago with my
most modern digital cameras.

Tina