I had an E lens in the 80?s a 70-150 push pull zoom which was no good at 8-11 it needed to be used at 11 in the studio. If it slipped down to
It was an economy line from Nikon which got to be known for perfectly excellent glass in very cheap plastic enclosure. Plastic with a not capital p. So they were a deal of sorts.
I should have could have done better but used it too much for a year or two. I shot a Nordstrom job with it with Kodachrome.
But gave it up an embarrassment and switched to primes going between an 85 and a 105mm one on each body. I almost never needed any other focal lengths. And the 105 was the macro.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer