Subject: [Leica] I need some help for color printing
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 17:49:01 +0100

Hello all,

I?m preparing a family Blurb book in color, the pictures are made with the
M8 and processed with Capture One  updated at Vs10, I export the images on
sRGB mode, my actual computer is a iMac 27? Retina, however I have
calibrated the monitor user Spyder Pro4 from DATACOLOR, the result of the
calibration is that my profile respond to 100% to sRGB.

I?ve realized I had a problem when I have exported my images to the Blurb
book using Booksmart 2, I saw that the images look much more saturated than
my monitor view on Capture or Bridge, I have tried using Bookwright, exactly
the same problem, I have send an e-mail to Blurb, they have sent me the
Blurb ICC Profile, but the problem continues.

I have to say that for the printing test I have used cheap glossy paper, not
my usual quality (Canson Infinity Platine Fiber Rag), I think that this can
not make a big difference, but maybe I shall to try it?.

Finally I?ve tried to print the image, using different profiles (as sRGB,
Blurb ICC, the native one?), testing both modes, Color Management by Color
Synch and Color Management by the printer, and the colors of the print
differ very much than the ones I see on the Monitor. The last test I?ve did
was using Lightroom to print the picture it was a little better but not the
quality I could expect.

If my monitor is well calibrated, the image on my monitor is perfect?..  why
I have these problems?   I can not understand?., with my old Mac I had any
problem and with this I?ve found a lot?.

I will appreciate very much your help, thank you in advance

Best!
LLuis

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] I need some help for color printing)
Reply from eddy at altphoto.be (Eddy Willems) ([Leica] I need some help for color printing)