Subject: [Leica] PESO 02 18 18
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:15:05 -0500

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/firecrackers+sm.jpg.html

M3, Summilux 50, Ferrania P30

Thanks to Kickstarter I helped underwrite the Ferrania film company?s
resurrection*, which is running over budget and well beyond the original
timetable.  The underwriting gift was going to be their first production of
E-6, but in the interim Ferrania decided to make some black and white
negative film, which they offered to their backers at $5/roll for up to
five rolls.  I bought five, and I am blown away by it (I like it more than
Acros).  The problem is that it?s slower than molasses (ISO 50 at box
speed, though I learned that some people are getting desired results at ISO
20).  About six good pictures from the first roll were lost because of fast
action cursed by tiny DOF in cloudy streets.

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA

*For those of us with long memories, the old 3M Color Slide film was made
by Ferrania.  It was decidedly inferior to Kodak and Agfa.  However, with
Fuji being about the only company making E-6 today (the promised return of
Ektachrome has yet to materialize) an alternative would be most welcome.
Ferrania has promised to make their E-6 in 35mm, 120 and 16mm movie.

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] PESO 02 18 18)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] PESO 02 18 18)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] PESO 02 18 18)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] PESO 02 18 18)