Subject: [Leica] Wayback Photo: Lifting a Subaru 360
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:57:57 -0600

Disclosure: this is not my photo.  Gerry Grzyb was the Photo Editor of the
UWM student newspaper just before I got that job.  When he graduated, he
left
all his negatives loose in a bin in the darkroom.  I salvaged them, and
years later matched up all the cut strips (!) and made contact sheets (I
tried contacting him about the negs, but never got a response). So anyway,
I have his images from draft card burnings, protest marches, and some
showing the
student crowds in Grant Park during the 1968 Democratic convention in
Chicago.

Here, from 1969, some students lift a Subaru 360 - a 356cc unibody car with
suicide doors.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/The+Sixties/19690402_GG_G11_43_.jpg.html

I thought of this picture when I read that this model will be on display at
the Chicago Auto Show.

--
Alan

(Retired)