Subject: [Leica] Off and tired topic warning
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:47:04 -0600

Hi, Jayanand and company:

Understand the variance of opinions. The bag equation is personal and tied
to how we work.

I use backpacks for balance. And because I have a surgically repaired back.
Shoulder bags are no go for me. Yes, backpacks can be unwieldy to work from,
but I?m limited.

Use regular hiking backpacks from two firms. Included URLs which, I hope,
doesn?t violate any LUG guideline.

Always use waterproof pouches (with internal dividers) made by Wotancraft.
The pouches are what make the backpacks (and carry-on bags sometimes) work
for me. Used Calumet wraps for years until I discovered these.

https://www.wotancraft.tw/en

The packs that get serious use are from Black Diamond and PacSafe. Mine wear
like iron.

Black Diamond:

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/hiking-packs

I?m particularly pleased with The Creek Transit 32. Capacious. Comfortable.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing-packs/creek-transit-32-BD681197BLAKALL1.html#start=8

Also use a Black Diamond Dart, which is an old model but might turn up on
e-Bay or elsewhere if you do a search. Has a few organizers and a laptop
pouch.

The Creek Transit is minimalist, with a laptop compartment and small
organizer (pens, paper, cards, etc.) in the top opening).

Here?s PacSafe.

https://www.pacsafe.com/bags/camera/

My PacSafe bag is an old backpack that has long-since been updated by the
company.

This is the closest pack I can find to the PacSafe model I use.

https://www.pacsafe.com/venturesafe-15l-gii-anti-theft-day-pack/60280100.html

If you call companies or correspond online be sure to discuss your size and
what you?ll wear when carrying the packs. I?m 6?2? with a long, bony frame.
The packs I use fit easily over the winter wear I need in Chicago and
northern climates. Some pack harnesses run  small, so check.

Hope this helps. Contact me on- or off-list if you have questions or want to
chat.

Greg Rubenstein

?Breathe deeply. Swear profusely.?

 ? Allison English