Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 22:31:20 -0800

Hi Frank,
I always used the correct film as it made picture taking and quality perfect
prints every time. But then my assignments were all shot by AVAILIBLE
LIGHT!!
Well first of all if you can see it (the subject) you can shoot it! Oh sure
the odd time the ASA was 1600, but who cared! Like I said >>>> "IF YOU CAN
SEE THE SUBJECTS IN A "STEEL MILL?"
What the heck at ASA 1600 and LEICA glass wide open it was a piece of cake!
You see, in my 65 plus years of assignments about the world from birth to
death you had to come home with photos! GOOD ONES and no sick assed excuses
after developing the film?
If the images weren't any good that could very well be your last assignment
for a very well paying client. MY GOOD FORTUNE?   "it never happened!"  :-)
My shooting attitude toward gear, film, printing etc? "was always "KISS!"
"" KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!"  KISS  :-)
And in all those years from 27 May 1950 when my dearest wife put the first
camera in my hands as a birthday gift until to this day I never had a client
dump me as one of their trusted photographers. Today with the NATIONAL
ARCHIVES of CANADA having a personal collection of 200,000 images of
captured life moments. Plus something like another 100,000 images in the
NATIONAL GALLERY.
I can only offer my success to that sweet little word and the actions of it.
"KISS!" :-)
CHEERS EVERY ONE,
Dr. ted grant O.C.

tedgrantphoto.com