Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Storm Emma - aftermath
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 22:11:43 +0000

Aftermath of Storm Emma at Salthill and at Seapoint, near Monkstown, Co.
Dublin. Sony A7ii with Leica Elmar 50mm. All photos can be seen LARGE.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Salthill+180318+Permits+Not+Valid.jpg.html

and keep clicking right.

The main storm was much worse the previous day, but I didn't bother to
go out in it. However, despite being sheltered a little by the West Pier
at Dun Laoghaire, just before the station here at Salthill, the trains
were held up for an hour before and after high tide, as the waves driven
by a strong easterly gale went over the sea wall and flooded the track.
It was cold and the spray from the waves made picture taking life
difficult. I then drove back slightly north to Seapoint where the more
exposed shore - that I normally swim from - was getting a fair lashing.
Definitely not a day for a swim!!

And yes, I've noticed the smudges which I presume are on the lens from
the spray - hopefully :-)

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGs: Storm Emma - aftermath)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGs: Storm Emma - aftermath)