Subject: [Leica] SL Lens .... 16-35mm
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 16:07:23 -0700

>From LeicaRumors website..

"Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH lens is going to be
announced in April. I believe the official release will be on or around
April 9th, 2018. Shipping should start in late April. The price is expected
to be between $5,000-$6,000. The weight of the lens is 1.6kg."

The equivalent (F4) Sony lens, for the E Mount A7 family, weighs 518g.
About 1/3 the weight of the Leica lens.

The F2.8 model weighs 680g.

I won't mention the cost differences.

It sure is an interesting camera, the SL, and the files it has produced (
Tina) are fabulous.  But it is priced so much out of my league, as an
amateur.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] SL Lens .... 16-35mm)