Subject: [Leica] The most important film cameras of the late 20th century
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 07:52:49 -0500

Late 20th, I'd start at mid-century.  Here's my batch:

1959 Nikon F  Nikon's first SLR camera, one of the most advanced cameras of
its day. Many of the concepts had been introduced elsewhere, it was the
first to combine them all into one camera.

1964  Pentax Spotmatic  One of the first SLRs on the market to offer a
through-the-lens (TTL) exposure metering system

1966 Leica M4  Considered by many as the being the ultimate Leica M camera,
quick load, and quick rewind.

1973 Polaroid  8x10, a manually-processed large format film which creates
photos of incredible quality. More complex than other instant film formats,
still made today.

1975 Kodak Sasson 1st digital camera*

1976 Pentax K1000  Extraordinary longevity makes it a historically
significant camera used by students worldwide.

1995 Casio QV-10, the first consumer digital camera with an LCD screen on
the back*

*I added the two digital cameras because they were important to the near
demise of film cameras.

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/