Subject: [Leica] Comparing legacy Nikon lenses to Leica R lenses on the Sony A7II 70-200 range
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 18:02:25 -0500

Some of my all-time favorite film era lenses have left me luke-warm on
my Fuji X bodies.? I have found no consistent predictor, either.? Part
of my initial choice of the Fuji X system was its adaptability for my
legacy lenses.? The digital Fuji and Zeiss optics that I've accumulated
have been better or easily the equal of the best of my old glass so I've
just drifted from dealing with them and the Fuji.... It's beyond my
elementary understanding of light angles and how they strike the sensor
that perhaps wasn't an issue with film but rears its head in the digital
applications?? For some reason my old Contax G 45 and 90 are quite good
on the Fuji bodies but I have found it easier to use new glass in those
focal ranges anyway and tend to not use them either.