Subject: [Leica] Comparing legacy Nikon lenses to Leica R lenses on the Sony A7II 70-200 range
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:02:50 -0400

I still use my 3.5 Micro Nikkor I got used in 2004 but spent an hour ago
looking at the still sold new 2.8 micro Nikkor which is  a tad more
compatible with some of the current camera technologies and can be had
relatively cheap. And it's gorgeous. I love a lens which has a small front
element so well protected inside the camera a lens shade would just be
redundant. I balk at loving a lens for its lack of modern perfection and am
very much into the current cutting edge examples of lens design. But
sometimes what the older generations of lenses can do is quite viable on
most levels.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 4/11/18, 6:59 PM, "LUG on behalf of Doug Herr via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Frank Filippone wrote:

    >Legacy lenses are fascinating to use on the Sony bodies.

    Yes they certainly are!  Until a couple of months ago legacy lenses were
all I was using on the Sony body.  My favs:

    Nikon 55mm f/3.5 Micro AI: inexpensive, relatively light weight, quite
good performance.  I haven't tested it against the Leica R 60 Macro but the
light weight and low worry in case of loss or damage make it my casual
carry-everywhere lens.

    Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L: Inexpensive and relatively light weight for a
high-quality long lens.  It requires some correction for lateral chromatic
aberration but C1 does this automatically.  Its highlight separation and
color quality aren't as good as a Leica APO lens but most of the time its
good enough, especially considering its affordability.

    Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R: for no-compromise mind-boggling image
quality.

    Doug Herr
    Birdman of Sacramento
    http://www.wildlightphoto.com