Subject: [Leica] More with the Rolleiflex
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 00:07:14 +0200

Hi Jayanand

Thanks for looing and for your comment, concerning your comment about the
output I have to comment that my negatives have a correct density normally
between 0,65 and 0,70 and they print well on the darkroom, the effect you
comment could be done for

a) Your and my Monitor differences: I don?t think so
b) The scanning process: I use a cheap scanner Plustek and I adjust the
contrast and brilliance individually for every negative, usually give a
small curve of contrast
c) The editing: I know you are an experienced and good photographer and you
are not referring to the ?clinic? aspect of some of the digital pictures,
even so they are always more ?clinic? than with film. As you know I mainly
use Capture One V10 what is in my opinion better than LR, but also in his
standard settings produce more detail or ?Presence? than LR, many times I
have to decrease this up to -10% or -20%, when I edit the same picture with
both there is a big difference, normally LR looks more ?clinic? and with
smooth tones than CO, maybe this is the reason about the look you comment?.
What do you think?

Cheers
Lluis