Subject: [Leica] Late Sunday afternoon
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 09:00:46 -0400

Thanks, Don,

Oddly enough, about four years ago I found myself heading along a dual track
of sorts, drawn to color for literally the first time, shooting landscapey
things along with my usual subjects. It all probably had to do with major
upheaval in my life. Then with the move to Canada two years ago, I had a
whole new type of landscape in front of me - sprawling farms. Southwestern
Ontario, where I now live, is Canada?s Iowa, in terms of both the quite flat
landscape, and enormous farms. So while I?ve been shooting people, I?ve also
been shooter the natural environment. I turned the 24 round trips to Boston
to teach into a project - #TheEndlessCommute - you can find the work on my
Instagram and Facebook, shooting in the rail stations, on the train, from
the train, in Toronto, at the airport, on the plane, from the plane, on the
subway in Boston, and back again.

As to teaching in Maine, who knows. It would be fun - the Maine Media
Workshops is a summer camp for photographers. I definitely will teaching
classes/workshops in London (ON), starting this fall - six three hour
sessions each, with one in the fall, and one during the winter. I?ve gotten
hooked up with a business called Photo Tour Trekkers - Well worth checking
out, and am offering the workshops under their umbrella and will be hosting
some urban tours for them.

So I?m keeping busy in my advancing decrepitude, and with a new city, new
country, new marriage, two new doxies, my plate overfloweth.

More than you wanted to know.?

Sent from my iPhone