Subject: [Leica] Back from eastern Washington
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 17:38:16 -0700

I just returned from a week-long trip east of Washington's Cascade
Mountains, on the "dry side"? of the state.? I "took a vow" of black and
white for this trip, bringing my Leica M Monochrom and 35, 50 and 90mm
lenses.? I used a yellow filter a lot.

This turn-of-the-20th century courthouse is in Waterville, the Douglas
County seat. This combination of light and clouds lasted only a few seconds.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/41418312504/in/dateposted-public/>

This public phone in the above courthouse's lobby is either a replica or
an old casing with modern electronics inside. Regardless, it fits.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40331678690/in/dateposted-public/>

Lake Chelan is a fjord-like lake, 55 miles (88 km) long, which begins in
the dry hills around Chelan, and cuts into the Cascade Mountains.
Here is a shot from the "Lady of the Lake II," which goes up and down
the lake each day.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40331679060/in/dateposted-public/>
And a broader shot close to Chelan, similar to what we saw our our
room's window.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/41418312694/in/dateposted-public/>

And here is Rocky Reach Dam, between Chelan and Wenatchee, as close as I
could get due to high security.? Loved the cloud.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/41418312294/in/dateposted-public/>

Enjoy, more to come.
--Peter