Subject: [Leica] How do folks manage catalogs in Lightroom?
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 18:33:18 -0700

Hi Adam.? I have everything in one catalog.? It amounts to about 60k of
photos but it is plenty fast for me.? My catalog has many folders,
usually by year, and many sub folders under each by
topic/trip/whatever.? And I have keyworded just about everything. Still
some from the distant past, or those that I have scanned from film way
back before I had lightroom that I have to get to. With keywording it
really does not matter too much where they are, I will find them
quickly.? And with metadata searches it is easy to pull up what you want
by dates or lens or camera or whatever. If I had multiple catalogs I
would need to repeat these processes for each catalog before I could
find things.? Slow to load up a new catalog each time.? And then how to
you get them all in one place when you want to work with all those
photos from a particular search if they are in multiple catalogs?? As
far as I know there is no way to say look at all my Nevada Falls photos
at once if they are in separate catalogs.? Maybe someone can enlighten
me on how this could be done.

Aram

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] How do folks manage catalogs in Lightroom?)