Subject: [Leica] Recommendations for film and developing
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 07:25:37 +0200

This is of course a question of taste as much as anything else. Lluis and I
have recently discussed film choice and have agreed that the classical
emulsions like Ilford HP5+ are really worth shooting for tonality and ?je ne
sais qoui? factor of film. For slower film, I use Fuji Acros?this was also
my choice of film back when I was shooting exclusively that, prior to 2008.
In fact, most of the same films that were around back  then are still
available today.

As for developers, I use ID11+ for most things, and recently I have also
experimented with stand development in Rodinal 1:100 and films like Fomapan
400. Lluis uses mostly XTOL which was also my favourite developer back then,
but my problem is that the 1 liter size is no longer available, and if I
make 5 liters (the only size still available) I will end up wasting most of
it. That is why I stick to ID11+ (or D76) for most things, as those are
available in 1 liter sizes.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman