Subject: [Leica] IMG: sunflowers and wildfire smoke
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 12:28:18 -0700

About 30 miles from here to the NW there?s a major wildfire burning in the
Vaca Range. I think it?s at 60,000 acres and only about 7% contained as of
the news last night.

About a half-hour before sunset we drove out west of town to see what we
could see and found this field of sunflowers with the smoke blowing in.

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Yolo-County/i-s4znFM6/X3>

Sony A7Riii, 28-70 f2.8 G series lens at ISO 1250 or so.

We aren?t threatened in any way - there?s a sea of farmland between us and
the fire - some of it rice fields that just aren?t that likely to burn? But
for those in the path of the fire things are looking grim. The firefighters
say fires like this usually happen several months later in the year. Fire
season in California may become a 12 month event.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] IMG: sunflowers and wildfire smoke)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: sunflowers and wildfire smoke)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] IMG: sunflowers and wildfire smoke)