Subject: [Leica] Nikon mirrorless
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 13:38:21 -0400

After contemplating Doug's response I do have a bit to add.  I am not sure
that even a superlative F mount to whatever the new mount is will be
enough.  Professional lenses are rather large and heavy; the new body will
not help you save much weight so many will not change bodies and not buy
the new lenses.  Another consideration is that Nikon has a track record of
being unable to produce their good stuff in any quantity for a world
market.

My prediction is that even with strong support from the top tier of Nikon
shooters for the new camera, when a mid level photographer wants to order
one for the new technology and is informed that they are on a long waiting
list but also informed that they can buy brand S or F today with an adapter
to use the newest F lenses somewhat seamlessly guess what will happen.

Now, if the current production issues from Nikon spending resources to
build up capability to flood the market with the new camera system then if
execution is great on technology then life awaits Nikon.