Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Iran
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:46:47 -0400

Good afternoon Tina.  I am very sorry to hear about the detaching retina;
the cloudy bit is five minutes with a laser but the retina takes a bit more
and possibly involves a wee bit of pain to reattach the retina.

Now, about the photographs.  I am both with and not with Philippe.  As
current photo's they lack a lot; we have all been spoiled by the many stops
increased latitude that digital provides or that properly done B&W
provides.  In the 21st century we have been spoiled.

But, I would encourage you to continue choosing the best images especially
the ones showing place and time.  There will be a time of reapproachment
with Iran and then the images showing what was just as the regime changed
from the shah will be immensely powerful to have and possibly valuable.
History is wonderful to have if you just look at as complete a picture as
one can.  So, please as time and doctors permit keep bringing back to life
these images of what was.