Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bee and Verbena
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 01:31:05 +0100

A friend of mine knowing my interest in cameras gave me four old film
ones along with a few lenses, and other ancillary bits. Sadly, all of
the cameras require greater or lesser work to make them functional, and
some of the lenses have fungus thanks to his living abroad in places of
high humidity. Looks like I'll be busy over the winter with some tiny
screwdrivers.

I've never tried removing fungus before, so if any one has a sure fire
treatment let me know. That said one of the seemingly okish lenses is a
Miranda 70-210 f4 Macro which thanks to its Pentax fit will work on my
A7ii. Here's a dullish handheld shot taken with it. Not being a macro
man, I can only admire the patience and fast reflexes demonstrated by
many on this list who produce excellent macro images day in, day out.

Bee being busy on a Verbena flower. Sony A7ii with Miranda 70-210 f4
Macro (Pentax fit). Can be seen larger.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Bee+and+Verbena.jpg.html

BTW has anyone here had success with extension tubes on a Sony A7 for
macro work?

Douglas

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Bee and Verbena)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Bee and Verbena)