Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/7//2018: bitterballen in the sunshine
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 08:17:33 +0200

Last Saturday, we attended a birthday party for our friend I?aki, hosted by
a Dutch-Spanish couple in Benidorm. The party was outdoors, of course, and
was attended by our usual group of friends, mostly Spanish, but with several
mixed couples there are also strong German, Dutch, French and
French-Algerian influences. The food reflects this (as do the languages
used, as especially French is quite prevalent along with Spanish).

Typical Spanish snacks to welcome the guests:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8w2RJmT/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8w2RJmT/A>

Having lived in the Netherlands for several years, there are a few (not
many, admittedly?) foods I miss from there, such as their delicious herring
and smoked eel, and especially these things, called bitterballen:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BVX4Jn4/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BVX4Jn4/A>
Eaten with mustard, these are the Netherlands? great contribution to world
cuisine, along with the Indonesian Rijstafel.

And finally, the chef, with an apron I can really relate to:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qmwHHgt/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qmwHHgt/A>

The Alicante summer is in full swing.

Cheers,