Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hot Day at the Airport
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:20:39 -0500

Al,

I've never known all of the reasons, access could certainly be one, but
nearly all of Burt Rutan's designs allowed the nosewheel to be retracted
in flight, as well as on the ground.? And this design is supposedly
descended from the Rutan Longeze.? In flight, of course, the retraction
reduces drag and increases cruise speed.

No, so far as I know, the airplane is in good shape.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA