Subject: [Leica] OT: Novoflex contraption
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 22:58:28 +0200

Hi Philippe,

Nice early version!

The Novoflex gear certainly is cumbersome and takes
some getting used to if you don?t mount it on a tripod.

You get the impression you could do with a third hand -
one for the shutter release in the front grip, one for
the pistol grip for focusing, and one for changing
camera settings.

If anyone is interested, here's a review of the lenses:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/novoflex-noflexar-modular-pigriff-system-240mm-300mm-400mm-600mm-64cm.html

I use a T-Noflexar 5.6/400 - P-Grip C version on my
Canon 20D or 300D (Digital Rebel).

The quality is, of course, very German - built like a
Tiger tank.

The T-Noflexars (400 and 600 mm) are said to be the
better lenses, and I must admit that the quality of the
T-Noflexar 5.6/400 - PGRIFF C version (late version) I
use is pretty good for a vintage lens.

Here's an example:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Birds/MG_3269_edited_2_edited_2.jpg.html

a cormorant drying its wings by the canal: shot from
about 250 yards away - lens steadied on my broken arm
in plaster at the time - the bright streak on the
outstretched wing is an out of focus reed that got in
the way:-(

Definitely not a set-up to be taken to high-security
areas like an airport or a political rally;-)

Cheers
Douglas