Subject: [Leica] IMG: Russian cannon
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:07:21 -0500

Hi Douglas,

I had forgotten Ireland's neutrality during the war.? Flying and its
associated activities can be very unforgiving.? Two of my college
classmates were killed after we left school.? One was a test pilot for
Ryan Aircraft, testing vertical takeoff designs. The other was testing a
new parachute design.? A local engineer and pilot who I knew was killed
in his high-performance sailplane.? A couple of other pilots I knew
thought they were immortal and pressed their luck.

I only scratched one airplane, and that was on a hangar door. :-(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA