Subject: [Leica] Comfortable Coffee
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 01:23:50 +0200

Thank you very much Jayanand! Well for the moment I wait to sell the MM,
about the tonalities, yes it?s true that the MM make very nice tonalities
but in my opinion mainly greys range, if compared with film this one offer
deep density on the blacks and it can work better than digital on the
highlights (depending of the exposure and developement), I think these
things can produce an attractive visual effect, mainly if the image is
watched on a monitor. You are an experienced photographer and an excellent
printer and I consider seriously your opinion, but when you made a print in
the darkroom it differs from one in inkjet, every technology has his art.
Concerning my process I have to identify if I shall improve the developing
or the scanning, I have developed my latest films with a strong temperature
control during the process and doing less agitation, I think they are
better, also I?m more comfortable using Ilford FP4 ISO 125 than HP5 ISO 400.
However 20 years ago when I was using the same films and same developers (at
least the same brand names) I was happy with my negatives, more than with
the actuals, something has changed in the films and chemicals?

Cheers
Lluis