Subject: [Leica] IMG: Geometry at the Art Museum
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 21:05:10 -0500

Today I went to see the exhibition "Photographing Nature's Cathedrals -
Pictures by Carleton E. Watkins, Edweard Muybridge, and H.H. Bennett" at
the Milwaukee Art Museum.  These are stereo and 20" x 24" albumen prints
from glass plate negatives of the Wisconsin River Dells (Bennett) and the
Yosemite valley in the 19th Century.  The large prints are from the
American Geographical Society Library collection (housed at my university)
and I hadn't seen them since I helped make backup publicity copies in the
1980's.  They are magnificent.

Anyway, on my way out I took this grab shot.  The mobile was moving and I
only got one satisfying frame (the first).

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Candids/20180825_MR_MAM_5616.jpg.html

Fuji X-E2, 35mm Summicron. (the data says 50mm, but I keep forgetting to
reset the focal length when I switch lenses)
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978