Subject: [Leica] Leica Off Topic Question. What program to use for non photographers to manage, view and catagorize photographs?
From: bliss64 at hotmail.com (Mister Guy)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:37:53 +0000

 I have spent my summer doing Volunteer work for our local County Historical
Society . That would be the Macon County Historical Society(Missouri).
There is a FB page in case anyone is curious.  Our musuem obtained a large
collection of Glass Plate negatives.  Most are from 1915-1935 from a studio
run by a local photographer named Aura Roach.  I have recreated my own
digital interpretations of these negatives and have about 1200 more to work
with before my part of the project is finished.  I estimate the total number
of glass plate pictures will be around 5,500 to 6,000.

The next step will be to come up with a program that can work mostly on
Windows 10 or UBUNTU that can manage the collection.  I hope to be able to
catagorize portraits, noting differences between Child, baby, adult male,
adult female, elderly man etc.  Also there are place photographs, houses,
buildings locations etc.  Finally there are also pictures of objects, things
ranging from crime evidence to apples being sliced up for making cider.

What free program can I use to manage this collection?  Again it should be
Windows friendly.

curtisbliss at yahoo.com in case you want to reply directly to me.

Thanks for any and all input!

Curtis