Subject: [Leica] RE Cost of pictures/Today I took again the Monochrom and found a new friend
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 21:23:41 -0500

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com>wrote:

>I'm reminded of a time after I found a really pretty good Mini lab in New
>Orleans with easy parking.  After a couple weeks, the lab manager took me
>aside, and offered to give me some photography training.

>He was concerned that for every shot I was making three identical images,
>except I was changing the exposure on each and wasting film.

>I asked him if he had ever heard of bracketing .
I always had to be economical in my personal shooting, and we had tight
budgets at
the university too, so had to make do with careful metering.  I hardly ever
bracketed,
just shot shot multiple frames on slide film to have more originals, but
all at the same
exposure, metered with a Sekonic L-28 and sometimes also a Minolta spot
meter.
In a hurry, I found my OM-2n to be accurate on Auto, -1/3.

--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978