Subject: [Leica] Another in the Norway in Black and White Album
From: hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:58:19 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Norway/DSC04568ccmono.jpg.html?g2_fromNavId=xf23acb9d

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Norway/DSC04568ccmono.jpg.html?g2_fromNavId=xf23acb9d>

This was taken at the North Cape of Norway looking west toward
Knivkjellodden, Razor Clam Point, which is the farthest-north point of land
on the continental shelf of Europe. We're actually on an island, but the
island is set off by a strait only about 1 km wide, and is connected to it
with an undersea highway tunnel.

To set the scale in this place with the only other humans present being
behind me, keep in mind that these rock cliffs are 800-1000 feet high. A
light-toned submerged slab of rock near the left end of the lagoon shows how
clear the waters of the Barents Sea are here.

C&C welcome.

?howard

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Another in the Norway in Black and White Album)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Another in the Norway in Black and White Album)