Subject: [Leica] Smoke - what a difference a day makes
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 20:47:33 -0700

Hi Jim,
It?s true we are safe from fires on the Mainland or Vancouver Island, but
Pender
has hundreds of thousands of trees and the ground cover gets very dry during
the
summer - so we worry constantly about a local fire getting away on us. I sit
on
the Hazard Abatement Committee at the Fire Hall and we try to anticipate
what might happen if a local fire gets away on us. It is not a pretty sight!!
Best Regards
Howard