From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 21:24:27 -0500

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com>wrote:

>>On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:11 AM Gerry Walden via LUG <lug at
>>leica-users.org>
>>wrote:

>> Nice image, but difficult to spot any Leica content at all.

>Ha!  Neither butterfly seemed to carrying a camera.

>However, before I owned 2 Leica R cameras, 5 M film cameras, 2 digital
>ones, and a IIIf, I lived on Beethoven Strasse in Wetzlar, and I could see
>the Leitz factory from my bedroom.  My Wetzlar house is just around the
>Corner from the new Leica facility.

>So the Leica content is in the image from the experience that went into
>making it.

>I do have several Leica lenses with FE converters on them, btw.

>SonC
THANK YOU, Sonny, for this response.

I loved and used my Leicas for 40 years; more of my 110 photo awards were
taken with Leicas than any other camera, and I think that counts for
something, even if my circumstances preclude me from using them now.  I
have no darkroom and digital Leicas are out of my price league, especially
since I don't get out to photograph as much as I used to (my wife has
medical problems and I'm her caregiver). My pictures may not be technically
equal to those made with Leica equipment, but I think creatively I still
apply my experience with M's and LTM's to produce good work.

--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978