Subject: [Leica] The Power and the Glory
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 07:53:59 +0530

 Two scenes of awesome power from the Masai Mara.

I went down to the Mara River only once, because the migrating herds had
moved on early this year, and luckily caught a full fledged Hippo
territorial fight.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80914-7590.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80914-8086.jpg.html

*A warning for the second scene. Those whose sense of morality tends to be
ruffled by raw nature may please move on.*

The second was a first for me - Elephants, mating at close range - the
noise was deafening, as the whole herd was trumpeting, and the huge bull
looked likely to trample all over our vehicle, let alone the placid female.
The dimorphism between the sexes in terms of size was unbelievable! Awesome
and Majestic!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80911-3086.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80911-3173.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80911-3222-Edit.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2018/Mara-201
80911-3238.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] The Power and the Glory)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] The Power and the Glory)